Weddings & Events
Faraway celebrations are reminiscent of lavish parties in the English countryside. From foyer, staircase and large chandeliers to ceiling-high French doors that take you outside. Marquee weddings are set up on the valley-facing greens, while smaller functions can be accommodated indoors. Guests can be given access to the entire ground floor. And with the manor being as impressive as the scenery, wedding photos can go from dreamy to dramatic in a single shoot.
• Space to set up marquee tent for up to 100 guests. Assistance is also available with marquee setup.
• Large lawn, connected to the house by a full-length veranda and French doors to every south-facing room.
• Two dining areas for parties of 25 (formal seating) to 50 (informal seating).
• Kitchen equipped with 5-burner gas hob, two ovens, two warming drawers, pantry, coldroom, scullery and ample working surfaces.
• Sun room with 360° view of lawn, valley, mountainside, courtyard and manor.
• Sun room can be custom-furnished according to preference, including as mini spa for pre-wedding treatments.
• Lounge with ample comfortable seating.
• Billiards room.
• Cellar with a selection of wines from local wineries, and a 20-seat table for sit-down tastings.
• Five fireplaces throughout the house.
Guests are welcome to do their own catering or to contract the estate’s preferred suppliers. Suppliers are listed for a variety of catering styles. Bridal couples have the option of contracting additional services from an in-house wedding planner when they do their reservation at Faraway Estate. Accommodation on the estate is available for up to 20 guests.